Fight For Planet AISBN: 9780733341335 By: Craig Reucassel
Number Of Pages: 256
Published: 12th November 2020
Publisher: ABC Books
Country of Publication: AU
Dimensions (cm): 23.3 x 15.5 x 2.0
The climate challenge and what we can do when there's no Planet B.
Most Australians accept that climate change is real, but many don't know what to do about it and feel powerless to make a difference. In Fight for Planet A, the book of the ABC series of the same name, Craig Reucassel shows that it isn't as scary as we think, and we can make a difference to help protect the world for future generations.
The Chaser comedian and presenter of War on Waste sets out solutions and practical day-to-day changes we can make to reduce our carbon footprint, as well changes our governments need to make without further delay.
• Why 'avoid, renew, reduce and offset' should be the new Insta mantra.
• Why solar and a thing called Green Power can cut your carbon footprint, even if underfloor heating and hydroponics are your thing.
• How the government's substantial investment in discussion papers means we lag behind most of the world when it comes to low-emission cars.
• How electric cars have more grunt than your average muscle car.
• Why Australians pay coal mining companies more than $1 billion a year 'to help with their diesel bills'
How long we could power our homes on the emissions generated by our favourite cuts of beef.
Featuring a few shocking statistics to make you sit up and take notice, plus many more pro-active tips and strategies for everyday Australians who want to make a difference, Fight for Planet A is for anyone who has no Planet B - which is most of us.